I just bought the DNS 313 and wanted to hook it up to my PS3.
As you all know there are some issues but those can be fixed quite fast.Quick and dirty way to install twonkymedia on the DNS 313
- install box as usual
- create and mount share so that you can share files between the NAS and you desktop
- download server from http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/Tw ... cians.html
This is where it gets fuzzy. I've been using the Linux ARM little endian glibc 2.2.5 version but
the Raidsonic NAS1000/2000 should be better. Both work.
- extract files onto share
- open up telnet on DNS 313, see http://forum.dsmg600.info/p11631-2008-0 ... 31:04.html
- telnet into the NAS
- cd into the shared directory that has all the files (i.e. /mnt/HD_2a/sharename)
- execute ./twonkymedia
- go to http://
<NASIP>:9000 and configure twonky
Yet to do:
- init scripts
- see which version is best
- buy key for full version
Here's some eyecandy fresh off my projector/PS3:
It does play MPEG2/4, Divx but bailed out on a huge AVI/DIVX with AC3 audio. I'll have to do some more tests.
As of now 9 out of 10 files worked.