Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
zuhaib
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 am
AV Hardware: Xbox 360

Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby zuhaib » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:44 am

Hey all,

So after having issued with fuppes I decided to drop by money and buy Twonkey. I had used it in the past with it demo and recalled it worked fine (but could not try out the 5.1 as my demo was up). Well it installed and all seems well and I tested it with a WMV file and great, but it seems DVIX/XVID files that played over Fuppes/USB Thumb drive wont play over Twonky and with the WMV files I cant fast forward.

I am trying to google for the issue but cant find it, are these two issues or "features".

Thanks

xorzizten
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:29 pm
AV Hardware: Old PIII 600Mhz intel with gb network card running ubuntu and twonkymedia server 5
xbox 360

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby xorzizten » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm running TM server on an old machin and Gentoo.. Works like a sharm for me. It plays DivX with no problems. Have you updated your Xbox with the lastest mediaupdate.. I know it came with some new formats and stuff..

If you have the update, maby you could try and delete it, and download it again..

Sorry i cant be at more help.. TF Server i really great for me..

slvrswrd
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 am
AV Hardware: NAS TeraStation Live, XBox360

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby slvrswrd » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 am

I'm getting the same problem. All of the videos that I was previously playing on my xbox360 through media player 11 will not play using the twonky server. They are pretty much all XVid MP4s. The xbox is current and unhacked in anyway and will still play the videos through MP11.

MaggoT
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:27 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, Twonkymedia 5.1.2 trial version running on Linux Debian amd64.

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby MaggoT » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:32 pm

I also have the same problem, getting the "Unplayable content" warning on all files except .wmv. Currently running TwonkyMedia Server 5.1.2 trial version on Debian linux amd64, and an unmodified Xbox 360.

However these unplayable files worked on a NAS i tried (QNAP TS-219P), there TwonkyMedia Version 4.4.17 was used. I have still to try if that version works on my computer or if there are some configuration issues. Have not been able to find anyting by googling...

DocOnDev
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:14 pm
AV Hardware: X-Box 360

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby DocOnDev » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Does anybody have an answer for this?

I am considering a purchase, but cannot do without the support for xvid or mp4 on x-box. I am not about to convert my entire library to a crap format. I was using simple uShare previously and was able to view these movies via the xBox. The problem seems to be specific to twonky.

slvrswrd
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 am
AV Hardware: NAS TeraStation Live, XBox360

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby slvrswrd » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:23 am

DocOnDev wrote:Does anybody have an answer for this?

I am considering a purchase, but cannot do without the support for xvid or mp4 on x-box. I am not about to convert my entire library to a crap format. I was using simple uShare previously and was able to view these movies via the xBox. The problem seems to be specific to twonky.


The only answer I was able to use was to unistal the latest twonky server 5.1.2 and install 5.0.68 which I found here http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.68/. Now it all plays perfectly. It doesn't have all of the options and is more unstable than 5.1.2 but at least it still streams media to the xBox. Not sure what they changed or why but I would hope they fix it. I'm still in the trial period and was excited to find this software but if I can't get supported versions to work with my 360 then there's no point in buying it.

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby Zeebra » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:57 am

slvrswrd wrote:
DocOnDev wrote:Does anybody have an answer for this?

I am considering a purchase, but cannot do without the support for xvid or mp4 on x-box. I am not about to convert my entire library to a crap format. I was using simple uShare previously and was able to view these movies via the xBox. The problem seems to be specific to twonky.


The only answer I was able to use was to unistal the latest twonky server 5.1.2 and install 5.0.68 which I found here http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.68/. Now it all plays perfectly. It doesn't have all of the options and is more unstable than 5.1.2 but at least it still streams media to the xBox. Not sure what they changed or why but I would hope they fix it. I'm still in the trial period and was excited to find this software but if I can't get supported versions to work with my 360 then there's no point in buying it.


5.1.2 has issues with streaming content for the xbox. I actually went back to 4.4.18 until they get it figured out. Xvid streams fine in that version. Haven't tried 5.0.68 but may give it a go based on the post above.

prestoncrawford
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:08 pm
AV Hardware: XBox 360
Linux Server with Twonky Media

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby prestoncrawford » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Having the same problem. Did something change on the 360 end of things? I tried all the afforementioned versions of Twonky and nothing works.

andb
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm
AV Hardware: Servers: Debian Lenny server, Ubuntu 9.10 desktop
Clients: Xbox360

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby andb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Also having a problem with Xbox360. However, I tried installing both 5.1.2 and 4.4.18 from the zip files and am still having the problem. The specific error that I see on the Xbox 360 is

Code: Select all

Can not play this content because it may not be supported. ...
Status code: 69-C00D36c4


However, I run the server as a dedicated user, 'twonkymedia' and I've found after the fail that 4.4.18 continues to run but the Xbox doesnt see any shared folders. I still need to try to just let it sit for an hour to discover if this problem is related to the fail condition or after a time.

What I'd like to know is why 5.1.2 doesn't properly support the Xbox when the Twonky site clearly states that it does. Is the company aware of the issue and do they have a workaround / fix in place or in development? I just bought 3 licenses (without testing the demos due to positive reviews on various blogs) as Christmas presents and feel rather silly since I can't make it work if for the friends and family members which I wanted to give it to...

andb
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm
AV Hardware: Servers: Debian Lenny server, Ubuntu 9.10 desktop
Clients: Xbox360

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby andb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Can confirm that 5.0.68 works, as slvrswrd mentioned. There is no changelog at unsupported/5.0.68/ or in the releases themselves, I'd like to try to see the fixes listed after this version so I can know what to expect from slvrswrd's comment that it "is more unstable than 5.1.2"...

jomom
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:40 am
AV Hardware: XBOX360

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby jomom » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:12 pm

That didnt work for me here.

It used to work great i've been using it for years and had no problem paying for it. Dont think its a fraud, just getting bad with support atm.

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby Zeebra » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:14 pm

I've recently gone from trying 5.1.2 to using 4.4.18 and now finally to 5.0.68.

Under 5.1.2 files weren't being recognized under xbox, specfically .mp4 files. Now with 5.0.68 I can see and play .mp4 although I tend to stick to wmv files so I'm not limited to xbox's 4 GB streaming limit with .mp4

Be careful when going from version 4 to 5 on a DNS-323 however as you must set the appdata parameter in your starttwonky script. Without that pararmetrer twonky will write all the db type files in your root filesystem which quickly fills up and crashes your NAS.

Good luck.

MattBailey
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:49 pm
AV Hardware: Marvell Sheevaplug running Twonky

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby MattBailey » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:20 pm

I have a Marvell Sheevaplug, which is running Twonky 5.1.2. The setup was refreshingly easy, and it seems to be working very well, apart from with my new Xbox 360 - I am having the same issue described above (it works with uShare though.)

I understand from earlier that it might be solved by downgrading twonky to an earlier version. However looking at the download pages for the earlier version, the Kirkwood version isn't listed - how would I go about installing an earlier version on my Kirkwood-based Sheevaplug? I am keen to get this working with my Xbox 360, so I can get rid of my old Xbox running XBMC and free up some space under the telly!

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

falkyre
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:15 pm
AV Hardware: Denon AVR789 receiver, Samsung 50" Plasma, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, XBMC

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby falkyre » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:19 pm

MattBailey wrote:I have a Marvell Sheevaplug, which is running Twonky 5.1.2. The setup was refreshingly easy, and it seems to be working very well, apart from with my new Xbox 360 - I am having the same issue described above (it works with uShare though.)

I understand from earlier that it might be solved by downgrading twonky to an earlier version. However looking at the download pages for the earlier version, the Kirkwood version isn't listed - how would I go about installing an earlier version on my Kirkwood-based Sheevaplug? I am keen to get this working with my Xbox 360, so I can get rid of my old Xbox running XBMC and free up some space under the telly!

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt



Matt,

Go to here for the 5.1.1 Kirkwood build. It works with the Xbox 360 and I had it installed on the SheevaPlug as well.

downloads/5.1.1/

I opened a ticket with support regarding the 5.1.2 version and the Xbox 360 play not working. I ran it on a standard Ubuntu 9.10 system and also on my SheevaPlug but it doesn't work for the XBox for either. 5.1.1 works fine. I sticked at 5.1.2 as everything plays fine on my PS3.

I suggest to everyone to open a support ticket to ensure that support knows that there is a recurring issue (n case the forums are only looked at occasionally).

Sean

MattBailey
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:49 pm
AV Hardware: Marvell Sheevaplug running Twonky

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby MattBailey » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks falkyre!

I must have missed that somewhere. I have now downloaded it, hopefully this will solve the issue. It's scanning all my media at the moment, I'll report back when it has finished!

Thanks all,

Matt

MattBailey
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:49 pm
AV Hardware: Marvell Sheevaplug running Twonky

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby MattBailey » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Yep, that sorted it! Thanks so much.

I will raise a ticket about the new version not working with the XBOX 360 - it was one of the main reasons I bought a license key. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

Matt

HornedBeast
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:17 pm
AV Hardware: XBOX 360
Linksys Router
Linux, Ubuntu Server 8.04.

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby HornedBeast » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:33 am

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. MP3s and Pictures work gracefully as ever with Twonky 5.1.2 but no video at all (although, haven't tried WMV) will stream anymore. I get the same error code in the Xbox as everyone else. I have resorted back to using 5.0.68 as someone else suggested. I have a copy if anyone would like it. Just send me a private message and I can hook you up with a link - although, a Google search turned up the file without problems.

Someone keep us updated if we either get a fix or if someone manages to fix it themselves???

P.S.

As a side note, has anyone managed to get Flacs to transcode and stream to the Xbox yet??? Can't figure that one out yet. P.P.S. Im running Twonky on Ubuntu 9.10 Server.

Twonky_Rick
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:59 am
AV Hardware: Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby Twonky_Rick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:58 pm

We believe we've fixed the issues described above streaming video files to Xbox. Starting on Monday Jan 18th, you should be able to download an update here which hopefully will addess this issue:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/5.1.3-RC1/

This link will NOT work until Monday, so please don't post a messages saying it's not working until then.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

falkyre
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:15 pm
AV Hardware: Denon AVR789 receiver, Samsung 50" Plasma, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, XBMC

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby falkyre » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:24 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote:We believe we've fixed the issues described above streaming video files to Xbox. Starting on Monday Jan 18th, you should be able to download an update here which hopefully will addess this issue:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/5.1.3-RC1/

This link will NOT work until Monday, so please don't post a messages saying it's not working until then.

- Rick


Rick,

Is there a change log for this release?

Thanks.

gianper
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:56 pm
AV Hardware: Samsung LED UE40B8000 - QNAP TS110

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby gianper » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi All

I have the same issue (no video playback on X360), but my twonky is on a QNAP TS-110 Nas.
There are setting that can I modify ? Otherwise I didn't have no chanche to use the XBOX:

Thanks

Dezigns
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am
AV Hardware: Denon Reciever, Samsung 48" Plasma, Xbox360 (Jasper chipset)

Re: Xbox 360 headache, It will playback ONLY WMV over Twonky

Postby Dezigns » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:41 am

falkyre wrote:Go to here for the 5.1.1 Kirkwood build. It works with the Xbox 360 and I had it installed on the SheevaPlug as well.

downloads/5.1.1/
You sir, are a legend...
I tried 5.1.2, 4.x.x, and was about to give up, but then came across your post. Thought why the heck not, and it worked pretty much out of the box - spare changing ffmpeg.location :D

Twonky 5.1.1 running on Ubuntu Intrepid

My Xbox360 can now stream my music and videos (avi/mp4/xvid) perfectly :mrgreen:

Thanks!


Return to “XBOX”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron