Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Zeebra » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Hello there,

I've tried multiple versions of Twonky media server running on my D-link DNS-323. Currently I'm on Twonky 5.1.1.RC3. Videos and music all play, however i'm MISSING artists when I go onto my Xbox.

I have 1158 albums and 271 artists in my collection. When I bring up albums on the XBOX, I see ALL 1158 albums which is good, but then when I go to Artists, I only get 172 back out of 271. I don't understand why. When I browse with my PC media browser I see all artists.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? I've settled on Twonky 5.1.1.RC3 for now because it's the only version which is CLOSEST to my total amount of music. I've tried other versions and they don't even give me the proper album count when I check Xbox. I know it's scanning my music correctly because I can see and play all the albums, but I don't know why it doesn't pick up all the artists for my Artists view on Xbox.

So frustrating.

Here is the current version I am using: downloads/5.1.1-RC3/

I have tried 5.1.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.3, 4.4.18 as well

jjmatt33
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:43 pm
AV Hardware: xbox360

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby jjmatt33 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:25 am

I am having the same error. I have ...entirely too many artists on my computer ~2500 by my count. And from the server page twonky says it sees all of my music, but when I go to the xbox, it only displays up to artists whos name begin with the letter 'c'.

I am using Twonky version 5.1.3

joetraff
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:06 am
AV Hardware: Nokia AV connector
Contact:

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby joetraff » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

What is the possible solution of the error ? can anyone suggest something better ? :cry:

jtrevill
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:13 am
AV Hardware: Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS
Location: California

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby jtrevill » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Email support. I've emailed them 2 times now. Maybe it just hasn't been seen as an issue. I don't think it has to do with artists - I think it is finding a limit on the number of songs. If you go to Genre, you'll probably see that it only shows the first 300 or so files as well...

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Zeebra » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 pm

jtrevill wrote:Email support. I've emailed them 2 times now. Maybe it just hasn't been seen as an issue. I don't think it has to do with artists - I think it is finding a limit on the number of songs. If you go to Genre, you'll probably see that it only shows the first 300 or so files as well...



I thought these were meant as support forums? Good to know that nobody from actual support bothers reading or replying to these posts. :?

jtrevill
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:13 am
AV Hardware: Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS
Location: California

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby jtrevill » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 am

I've since sent another email to tech support. This time my email asked if they were able to recreate the problem and if they had any estimates on when it would be corrected. They simply responded with the same response:

"Hi,
we will investigate this issue and if necessary add a bug fix in one of the next releases.
Thanks,
The TwonkyMedia Team"

However, this is the same response I received from my first email... I'm getting frustrated. I paid for this product, and can't even fully use it or get an answer on when I'll be able to use it. I suggest that anyone with this problem continue emailing support so that they can see there's not just one crazy person (me) with the problem.

:)

jtrevill
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:13 am
AV Hardware: Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS
Location: California

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby jtrevill » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:56 am

To the Twonky Team -
My apologies, I just read the post "Reporting Problems". Here is the additional information - hopefully it will help you solve our problems:

TwonkyMedia Version: 5.1.3
Server hardware (Tested on Two Different Machines)
#1
Intel 3.20 GHz Processor
2.0 GB of RAM
500 GB HDD
Gigabit Wired Ethernet
ATI Radeon X1550 512 MB Video

#2
Intel Quad Core 2.83 GHz Processor
4.0 GB of RAM
1 TB HDD
Gigabit Wired Ethernet
ATI Radeon HD 4800 1 GB Video

Operating System
#1 - Windows Small Business Server with Service Pack 2
#2 - Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

Twonky was not running as a service on either machine.

Client: XBox 360 with all software updates at the most recent version. (Dashboard Version 2.0.9199.0)

Type of Media Having Problems: Video (WMV and AVI), Audio (MP3), Pictures (JPEG)

How many files in database: Video - 468, Audio - 3626, Pictures - 5342

Network Type: Wired

The problem is seen when you choose all files. For example, if I want Twonky to shuffle through all my music - it will only see the first 331 songs. If I choose all files for videos, it only sees 399 videos. And if I choose all files for pictures, it only sees 238 pictures. If I go into individual folders, I can see most of the files (but I don't have one folder that has a ton of files to check this theory). I suspect if 1 folder had lots of files, I'd encounter the problem in that folder as well.

I also don't believe it is a problem with individual files. I can see that one file will be missing when I choose all, but if i go to the folder and look for it, I can find it there and it will play fine. In addition, when you choose all songs/videos/pictures, it only shows the first 300 or so in alphabetical order. It is always the last files alphabetically that are missing.

I've also run a Log - I'll email that to you when I send this email tonight.

Thanks again,

Jason

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Zeebra » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm

I just sent them an email too. Might as well try as see what happens.

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Zeebra » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Here's their reply to me:

"The NAS builds of TwonkyMedia server are provided "as is" for advanced users
who wish to install them at their own risk. We do not provide technical
support for these versions. You may find links to these NAS builds along with
our latest version 4 and version 5 releases at:..."


to which I replied:

"So I had to pay for a license but I get no support? Great. I guess I
shouldn't have bothered paying you guys and just looked for a cracked
version.

Thanks for nothing."

Gesus
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 am
AV Hardware: XBOX 360
Thecus N5200BR w/ Twonky module

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Gesus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 am

I am also experiencing this problem on a Thecus N5200BR Pro. I am currently running TMS 5.1.3a but the problem also occurred in previous versions.

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Zeebra » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Gesus wrote:I am also experiencing this problem on a Thecus N5200BR Pro. I am currently running TMS 5.1.3a but the problem also occurred in previous versions.



Support emailed me back after my nasty reply and said it's a known issue and to be patient.

I confirmed it's still an issue up to an including version 5.1.4

Gesus
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 am
AV Hardware: XBOX 360
Thecus N5200BR w/ Twonky module

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Gesus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 am

Zeebra wrote:Support emailed me back after my nasty reply and said it's a known issue and to be patient.

I confirmed it's still an issue up to an including version 5.1.4

FML. This is really grinding me down.

Gesus
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 am
AV Hardware: XBOX 360
Thecus N5200BR w/ Twonky module

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Gesus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:58 am

The other peculiar thing that happens to me when trying to browse files through TMS via my NAS on an XBOX 360 is that it crashes sometimes when I try to browse 'artists' (instead of truncating the list). It also does this when I try to play some playlists.

I'm pretty sure the two problems are related. The log file from TMS when the crash occurs is here:

Code: Select all

16:30:21:914 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR accessuser
16:30:21:914 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR accesspwd
16:30:21:914 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR autotree
16:30:21:915 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR cachedir
16:30:21:915 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR cachemaxsize
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR clearclientsonrestart
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR codepage
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR contentbase
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR dbdir
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR dyndns
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR enableweb
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR followlinks
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR httpremoteport
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ignoredir
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ip
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ituneslib
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR rtpport
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR platform
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR startupmb
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR streambuffer
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR uploadmusicdir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR uploadpicturedir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR uploadvideodir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR onlinedir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR v
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR webnodes
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR webpicturenum
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR mediastatisticsenabled
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR mediastatisticsdir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR defaultview
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtrans
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtransdir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtransrpcport
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtransmaxsizemb
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR rmdrives
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR rmhomedrive
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ssdpttl
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR checkexternalitems
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR maxitems
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR suppressmenu
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR autoupdateinstall
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR disablelocalssdp
16:30:21:976 socket connect failed ip=127.0.0.1:9030 errno=111

16:30:21:976 [Error] - LOG_HTTP: HTTP_open: Failed to connect to ip=127.0.0.1 on port=9030

16:30:21:976 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_header HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 30
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:30:21 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: close
Expires: 0
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
EXT:
Server: Linux/2.x.x, UPnP/1.0, pvConnect UPnP SDK/1.0


16:30:22:015 HTTP entering receive module
16:30:22:018 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_receive GET /configpage/config-content.html HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.254:9000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-gb,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 115
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://192.168.1.254:9000/config
Cache-Control: max-age=0


16:30:22:019 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_header HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 26164
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:30:22 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: keep-alive
EXT:
Server: Linux/2.x.x, UPnP/1.0, pvConnect UPnP SDK/1.0


16:30:22:109 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_receive GET /configpage/TwonkyMediaConfig.js HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.254:9000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-gb,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 115
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://192.168.1.254:9000/configpage/config-content.html
Cache-Control: max-age=0


P.S. What is the maximum number of artists you guys see? Mine only ever reaches 975 artists. I wonder if it is the same for all of you?

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Zeebra » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Gesus wrote:The other peculiar thing that happens to me when trying to browse files through TMS via my NAS on an XBOX 360 is that it crashes sometimes when I try to browse 'artists' (instead of truncating the list). It also does this when I try to play some playlists.

I'm pretty sure the two problems are related. The log file from TMS when the crash occurs is here:

Code: Select all

16:30:21:914 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR accessuser
16:30:21:914 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR accesspwd
16:30:21:914 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR autotree
16:30:21:915 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR cachedir
16:30:21:915 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR cachemaxsize
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR clearclientsonrestart
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR codepage
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR contentbase
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR dbdir
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR dyndns
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR enableweb
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR followlinks
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR httpremoteport
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ignoredir
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ip
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ituneslib
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR rtpport
16:30:21:948 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR platform
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR startupmb
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR streambuffer
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR uploadmusicdir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR uploadpicturedir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR uploadvideodir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR onlinedir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR v
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR webnodes
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR webpicturenum
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR mediastatisticsenabled
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR mediastatisticsdir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR defaultview
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtrans
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtransdir
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtransrpcport
16:30:21:949 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR bgtransmaxsizemb
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR rmdrives
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR rmhomedrive
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR ssdpttl
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR checkexternalitems
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR maxitems
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR suppressmenu
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR autoupdateinstall
16:30:21:950 LOG_SYSTEM:NO TRANSLATION FOR disablelocalssdp
16:30:21:976 socket connect failed ip=127.0.0.1:9030 errno=111

16:30:21:976 [Error] - LOG_HTTP: HTTP_open: Failed to connect to ip=127.0.0.1 on port=9030

16:30:21:976 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_header HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 30
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:30:21 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: close
Expires: 0
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
EXT:
Server: Linux/2.x.x, UPnP/1.0, pvConnect UPnP SDK/1.0


16:30:22:015 HTTP entering receive module
16:30:22:018 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_receive GET /configpage/config-content.html HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.254:9000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-gb,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 115
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://192.168.1.254:9000/config
Cache-Control: max-age=0


16:30:22:019 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_header HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 26164
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:30:22 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: keep-alive
EXT:
Server: Linux/2.x.x, UPnP/1.0, pvConnect UPnP SDK/1.0


16:30:22:109 LOG_HTTP:HTTP_send_receive GET /configpage/TwonkyMediaConfig.js HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.254:9000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-gb,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 115
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://192.168.1.254:9000/configpage/config-content.html
Cache-Control: max-age=0


P.S. What is the maximum number of artists you guys see? Mine only ever reaches 975 artists. I wonder if it is the same for all of you?



I only have 320 or so artists and mine only shows like 133 of them. I haven't tested this yet with the new Twonkyserver 6 beta.

Keep in mind that I'm running it directly off of my NAS (D-link DNS-323) and not using Windows as the server.

User avatar
Zeebra
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
AV Hardware: Xbox 360, DNS-323 NAS

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby Zeebra » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:39 am

Tested this out in Twonky Server 6.0 beta 1 --- still the same issue.

lar282
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 6:36 pm
AV Hardware: Noxon audio 1

Re: Xbox 360 & Twonky: missing artists?

Postby lar282 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Did this ever get sorted out?
I got the same prob I think. I go into the Xbox 360, list artist and then it shows 50 artist, sometimes 15 and sometimes all of them. Not stabile enough to use -:(


//Lasse


Return to “XBOX”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests