Twonky server runs on my My Book World Edition II NAS, where I store my iTunes media. I set up Twonky to scan the folder that contains dozens of subfolders organized by artist with the albums inside them. The total file count is over 5000.
When I play videos off of the server via Twonky, it works great. Every file is listed on the Xbox. But when I attempt to load my /Shared Music directory, only some of the folders are listed -- and the number changes each time I restart the Twonky server and it does a rescan of the library. Only rarely does it list the full 316 folders in the directory, meaning I can usually only access a fraction of my music.
I have tried:
- restarting the Twonky server
- rebuilding the Twonky server database file
- rebooting the MBWE server
- minor edits to the twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini file (increased cache size)
- played with 'Media Receivers' settings for the Xbox 360 (which the server detected fine)
- pretty much everything else that i can think of
Nothing has worked. I can never get the server to consistently display all of the files in my Music directory.
I've tried other servers, and none has been as easy to deal with as Twonky, but this is a big problem. Please help!
TwonkyMedia ver: 5.1
Server: My Book World Edition II 2GB
Client(s) and their software version: Xbox 360 (Dashboard 2.0.8955.0)
Media you are having problems with: mp3s (in folders)
Files you have in your database: 5723