Recipes

Twonky_Marco
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware: WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Recipes

Postby Twonky_Marco » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:14 pm

I like to start playback of my favorite music playlist from my mobile without the need for browsing Twonky Server with a control point app. Instead, I have installed the Do button app from IFTTT and created a Do recipe that beams my favorite music playlist to my connected speakers.
For that purpose you have to select add recipe (+) within the app and then select Channels. Scroll down for the Lynx Technology channel and select it. Click the „Create a New Recipe“ button and then choose "Beam music playlist“ on the next screen. Now you have to select one of the music playlists shared by any of your Twonky Servers, select the device that should be utilized for playback and finally select one of the beaming options. I always select "repeat shuffled“, but there are other options. Finally you have to press „Add“ and you are done. You have a new button in your Do app and can trigger music playback by just clicking this button. You can certainly also create a number of different recipes for different playlists and renderers.

twonky_andreas
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware: MusicPal, Samsung TV E series

Store New Photo

Postby twonky_andreas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Since many years, I share all my photos through Twonky Server running on my PC at home. With the store action of the new Lynx channel I no longer need to copy the photos from my mobile to the PC, but they are already there when I get home. All I needed to do is to setup a recipe like the one below and install the IF app on my mobile. Every time I take a new picture, the Android Photo channel (iOS is available as well) triggers and the IF app uploads the photo. The Lynx channel stores it in the path that I specified in my recipe. One just needs to share this path with Twonky Server and the photo is not only shared with connected media players, but also automatically added to the “Recently Added” playlist. Soon there will also be a new smart playlist called “New Today”. This playlist is my daily digest of photos that were stored during the day. Watch out for Twonky Server 8.4 to utilize this new playlist.

Return to “How to use Twonky Server with IFTTT”